Director of Administration and Finance
Pánfilo Avellaneda, Director of Administration and Finance, Mexico Petroleum Company.
Mr. Avellaneda has +25 years of experience in a broad range of corporate administration and finance roles working for oil and gas companies. Mr. Avellaneda previously was the Administration and Finance Advisor for Mexican Petroleum Engineers College, Director of Administration and Finance for Mexican Explorations Company from 2009 to 2016, responsible of all administrative and finance functions and supporting new business opportunities. Previously he was the Administration and Finance Manager for Mexican Petroleum Institute (North Region) from 2002 to 2008, period in which he oversaw group integration, structured debt facility and implemented financial reporting and internal controls, as well as human resources and supply chain supporting activities.
From 2001 to 2002 he was Head of Human Resources for Mexican Petroleum Institute working in Mexico City, in charge of the entire employment process in the country. He held various positions in this R&D Mexican institution overseeing training and development, hiring, career development and other supporting activities from 1990 to 2001. Mr. Avellaneda has a bachelor’s in Business Administration (Tourism), from National Polytechnic Institute in Mexico City and holds numerous advanced management programs in finance, human resources and business administration at Monterrey Institute of Technology and National Institute of Public Administration, as well as further specialized numerous courses related to supply chain, human resources, contracts, negotiation, strategic planning, business development and energy.
Among others, these are some the projects and relevant activities he held while working in Mexican Explorations Company:
- Directed accounting and financial management functions including development of financial statements, financial forecasts, budgets and tax obligations.
- Coordinated global supply chain operations, inventories, materials, and procurement while ensuring compliance to regulations and troubleshooting, customer problems.
- Leader of a team implementing enterprise-wide ERP SAP R/4 that improved tracking business operations reducing 50% timing and improving confidence for the companies.
- Supervised and provided consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations.
- Provided planning and direction to compensation and benefits, recruitment and selection functions, as well as training and development programs.
- Drove transition from outdated HR Systems into a fully integrated HRIS from Success Factors with notable improvements in the administration and development of staff competencies.
- President of the Procurement Committee of the Company.
- A key member of several commercial missions to Colombia, Bolivia and the USA, where the company held several exploration projects.
- Represented the company within the government authorities and other companies.
While working at Mexican Petroleum Institute, North Region:
- Responsible for all administration and finance functions, financial forecasting, budgeting analysis, administration and control of reserves.
- Management of all supply chain activities to O&G projects for PEMEX.
- Improved inventories, materials, and procurement while ensuring compliance to regulations, procedures and systems to evaluate and select suppliers.
- Directed compensation and benefits administration, executed appropriate HR strategies and actions to recruit and retain a qualified and motivated workforce.
- Ensured strategic alignment of HR with new business objectives. Consolidated HR functions previously managed by several regional offices into a single consolidated organization to manage all generalist affairs.
- Worked closely with Corporate experts to get ISO-9000 Standards Certification to all administrative processes, including HRIS from SAP R/3.