Katiuska Gámez Arenas
Katiuska Gámez Arenas
In Country Counsel & Director of Business Affairs
Katiuska holds a Bachelor in Law from the University of Santa Maria in Caracas, Venezuela with Diplomas in Program Management Processes BPTrends and in Processes and Procedures Manual from IESA, Venezuela’s most internationally recognized school of management. Her 15 years of experience serving on enterprises like China National Petroleum, Repsol, Baker Hughes and Abengoa have consolidated her as a solid contracts expert and business advisor assisting in planning for and acquiring goods and services needed to accomplish companies’ mission. Lead Control Processes and Procedures, Social Investment and Sustainable Development projects as well as her participation in bidding and public affairs and institutional relations processes.
Senior independent consultant of CBM in the legal department of CBM Ingeniería, Exploración y Producción and member of its Contractual Front until May 2016, a Mexican technical consultancy company in the field of energy, specifically in vertically integrated processes associated with the oil industry value chain, recognized by the use of expert staff with high levels of practical experience and deep knowledge for developing business strategies and the implementation of technical projects. Since October 2013, she collaborated on various projects, such as:
- Technical and methodological assistance to identify, analyze and propose improvement actions in the framework of support and approval to the implementation of investment projects from Pemex´s Business Plan.
- Mexico´s First Round business development
- Analysis of the new structure corporate and legal of Pemex, its impact and implications (emphasis on the procurement and supply management and the corporate management of partnerships and new business)
- Advice for company creation of integrated oilfield services
- Pemex officials: ‘responsibility’
- Farms out and migrations of the assignments of Pemex (alone and in society)
- Comparative research of oil major openings in the Region: Brazil, Colombia and Venezuela
- Pemex and the regulation of its information
- Analysis of contracts for the project South Alliances analysis within the Contracting Strategies initiative.
- Evaluation of the clauses of the contracts regarding alliances with international best practices development of shares & lists/ areas and recommendations for improvement in contractual matters for the Sub Division of Pemex Exploración y Producción, Southern Region.
- Support for display of new contractual arrangements for PEMEX 2020. Development of the basis for the creation of the Integral of talent development center of CBM (Centro Integral de Desarrollo deTalento (CIDT) in Spanish.
- Design and development of organizational structures of new companies within the energy sector.
Since January 2011, Katiuska is professor at the IACC Professional Institute (Santiago, Chile), in the form of E-Learning in the following fields: Labor and Commercial Law; Pension legislation; Constitutional and Administrative Law; Tax Law. She wrote a Course of labour and commercial legislation. Edition Professional College of Arts and Science of Communication (IACC). 2012 Santiago, Chile. Katiuska is currently conducting a Diplomado of Law Energy at the Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana of Mexico.